Monday 21 December 2020

What does Sachin Tendulkar Play? After reading this, you might be thinking How ignorant I am, Right? Read this!!

Dear Friends and Students 

What is Sachin Famous for? What does he play? I asked this question when I was conducting the "Inspire to Innovate Storytelling" Session for young Engineering students!

I could see a lot of students laughing loudly and giggling at each other! I can clearly see & hear, what they are thinking about me. I didn’t budge. I still genuinely asked students to respond to my question. Then slowly, reluctantly, one by one started saying, “Cricket Sir, Cricket, Cricket….”.

Then I opened my presentation and showed the following data, which I received long back to my WhatsApp from Unknown. Assuming the following data is right and accurate, I showed it to the audience.

When Sachin made his test debut

Sehwag was 10 years old’

- Vijay was 5 Years old

- Ojha was 3 Years 71 days’ old

- Raina was 2 Years old

- Pujara was 1 Year 9 months

- Kohli was not born

31 years back, Sachin made his First Test debut against Pakistan in 1989 at the age of 16 years and 205 days. He managed to score 15 runs in the first innings. This is the first time he got to bat. As you all aware, he scored 34,000 runs total in test and ODIs together. (indiatoday.in)

After making this presentation, I could see a drastic change in the faces! The way they seat! Few are looking interested, few looking intriguing, and Few seeing each other…. I could observe sea change in the audience!

Again I asked my audience, what is Sachin playing? Maybe they understood that I also know little cricket and few cricketer names, all 575 sitting in the auditorium (don’t worry, it was before lockdown) became pin-drop silence.

After some time, one boy rose courageously, still, I can see the glow in his eyes, beautifully answered “Sachin Played with Commitment, but not Cricket!! Had he has taken it as sheer sport and fun, he could have not played with 6 players mentioned above! Sachin played with Commitment, Sachin played with Determination, Sachin played with Dedication!”

Beautiful answer from the Young Engineering Student right?

Will you inherit these qualities from Sachin, while enjoying his Cricket if your goal is outside Cricket?

Think Big!!

Your well-wisher

Ravi Saripalle

Join Inspire to Innovate Storytelling Movement (http://i2itm.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment