Saturday 12 December 2020

Believe in Your Coach/Mentor- World’s Fastest Man’s Perspective about Coach!

Dear Friends and Students

I don’t need an introduction to World’s Fastest Runner- Usain St Leo Bolt. Born on 21 August 1986 (34 years), considered to be the greatest sprinter of all time. An eight-time Olympic gold medallist, the only person with titles for three consecutive Olympics (2008, 2012, and 2016) is considered to be the most successful athlete. He got a nickname as "Lightning Bolt”, from his name and speed! His parents used to run a small grocery store. In spite of this, He was focused and determined about his goal.

Surprisingly, Bolt got suffered from scoliosis, a condition that has curved his spine to the right and has made his right leg 1⁄2 inch (13 mm) shorter than his left (nytimes.com). As a result, his left leg remains on the ground 14 percent longer than his right leg! You would be surprised to hear this. In fact, it runs counter to conventional wisdom. Generally, an uneven stride tends to slow the runner. But, not in the case of Bolt! Biomechanics research has not yet confirmed how it is helping him!!

Bolt got retired in 2018! Bolt is an innovative entrepreneur. Now, he co-founded an electric scooter company named Bolt Mobility and a yet-to-be-released mobility devices company named Bolt Nano. His scooter is innovative, allows bag, shopping, and mobile phone storage. It can reach up to 30 MPH. Usain Bolt's net worth is around $90 million. Sportswear Puma alone pays $10 million per year. Money is the by-product of hard work.(investopedia.com).

Recently, Bolt was asked, are you going to coach anyone? Listen to the Bolt’s humble reply- As of now, I am not having those qualities. Maybe in the future! Coaching needs the highest level of patience. I was not having it. However, my fatherhood is helping me to develop that Quality-Patience. His child’s name – Olympia!!

Bolt’s coach was Glen Mills. Their partnership yielded eight Olympic titles. Bolt believes, “As a coach, you need to tell the same thing again and again”. You should admire bolt for the following - “the respect and trust with Mills during his career and how that respect was important to his reaching the highest level of athletics”.

How did Bolt used to believe his Coach?

Read this carefully – “‘If coach [Mills] tells me tomorrow you are going to wake up and run eight seconds, I’ll believe him’,” he said. “That’s how much I believe in my coach because he has proven himself to me.”

Students, hope you got the essence. Believe in Your Coach/Mentor!

Your well-wisher

Ravi Saripalle

Join Inspire to Innovate (i2i) Storytelling Movement (Follow at http://i2iTM.blogspot.com)

 

Source Inspiration: http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/sports/20201212/i-could-coach-usain-bolt-weighs-possibility-technical-role-fatherhood


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ravi, I came across yr amazing efforts through one of my webinar participants. Let me congratulate u on yr fascinating mission. Let me know how we can collaborate. I am a Business Storyteller and u can have a glimpse of my journey at www.contentmaster.pro. All the best!

    ReplyDelete