Saturday 22 October 2022

How an Invisible Man is Killing Traditional Jobs and Creating Alternative Opportunities?

Dear Friends

Listen to my story! I am not threatening you but to create awareness!

This is Ravi Saripalle. I hail from a small village in Vizianagaram District, Andhra Pradesh. I speak Telugu at home. I studied in Telugu Medium school and college.

After a lot of struggles, I learnt how to develop an application using HTML, JavaScript and Java. However, I did not have the confidence to face an interview. One day I got a pamphlet titled, “Become Fluent in English in 30 Days”. I visited their office. However, one teacher is teaching 110 students in a big hall using Mic! I went for 3 days but I didn’t receive the tutor’s attention. In 3 days, I could speak only for 5 seconds- “Tell about yourself”. I was disappointed. 

That is the time I heard about http://skill2030.com, AI Powered Metaverse Based English Language Tutor cum Mock Interview Prep Tool. The master trainer Ms. Kiran (AI Avatar, I can select Indian Male/Female or Brit Male/Female or American Male/Female) has given me excellent opportunity to learn one-on-one, personalized feedback on various aspects of Language learning like phonology (sounds), syntax(grammar), semantics(meaning), and pragmatics(usage), the 4 critical aspects of English Language. I attended an interview and got selected for a company as an app developer.

First one month was great. Induction program went well. I was assigned to a project. I was asked to develop a simple form, report and connection to the database. I took 10 days to write basic code, still testing. My manager was not happy with my productivity! He hired another developer with Zoho Creator experience! This developer developed a form and report in a single day. I was shocked! My insecurity doubled. I started learning Zoho Creator, a low-code application development platform that helps to design, develop and run any business software we need. My productivity increased by 10 times.

As part of my job, I need to write a lot of emails. As I studied in a non-English medium school, my grammar is not that great.  In one of the mails, I wrote this way,” Hi, youre doing well. Did you got a chance to check the report? I hear He take lot of time to open. I hear your fedback.”. You can imagine the response from my customer. Immediately my manager subscribed to Grammarly Business (grammarly.com)! Now my life has become easy. 

I became project manager. I need to write proposals to various prospects. I used to take 2 days to write a single proposal. Problem is not with technical words. Problem is how to present it in English. I used to be nervous every day to show a one page note to my manager! One day I sent an apology mail to my manager-“I promise not to bother you again today”. Manager patted my shoulder. He looked at my sincerity. Next day gave me a Jasper account (jasper.ai). It is an AI Copywriting Assistant. It writes original and creative content. Today we are using Jasper to write blog articles, social media posts, website copy, and many more!

This story doesn’t end here. There are many invisible people visiting my office, shaking the traditional jobs and creating new sets of opportunities. Stay tuned for my next post!

Responsible AI is to empower, transparent, accountable, and more ethical

Ravi Saripalle

No comments:

Post a Comment