Friday 1 March 2024

From Postcards to AI: A 14-Year Chronicle of Inspire to Innovate Storytelling Movement!

 Dear Friends and Students,

In 2011, I initiated the Inspire to Innovate Storytelling Movement (i2iTM.blogspot.com). This movement aims to inspire students and professionals through epistolary-format stories that integrate various contemporary issues and topics. This year marks the 14th Birthday.

After leaving my last corporate job in 2010, I embarked on this journey with a specific purpose. While I am uncertain whether my stories have impacted anyone, I consistently receive comments at events, with at least one person stating, "I am forwarding your story to my son/daughter/niece/friend." Numerous students who read the stories commented, motivating me to publish the next one. However, not every response is positive. I have also received negative comments and constructive criticism. Fortunately, I have never reacted to these comments, instead, they have inspired me to think more.

Initially, I used to send stories using Indian postcards to headmasters of various schools, but I never received any postcards in return. I assumed I was making a mistake.

I then started printing letters and physically mailing them to ministers, district collectors, and vice-chancellors, DEOs for circulation. A few officers responded, and I include a sample acknowledgment from Panchkula District in Haryana below. In the AI world, these are just memories!



Realizing that this model is non-sustainable and not eco-friendly, I immediately transitioned to an email and social media model, which I continue to use today.

Today, AI can write better stories for us. AI can customize both intent and content! A few startups are building AI-powered storytelling platforms using Prompt Engineering.

The 14-year milestone holds significance in Indian Vedic history, as Lord Rama was in exile for 14 years. In those days, being in exile for 14 years meant one was not allowed to rule the kingdom. In the modern context, any technology/function/role/movement may become defunct after 14 years, paving the way for new energy, ideas, methodologies, and people. Change is constant!

In this context, I face a significant question. Am I also susceptible to the 14-year syndrome? Thinking aloud!

Ravi Saripalle

No comments:

Post a Comment