Wednesday 11 January 2023

What is Your Job Motivation Score? -28 to -55 Quit; -27 to 0 Wait; 0 to 27 Strive; 28 to 55 Sustain;

Dear Friends and Students

A couple of days back one of my friends sent me the concept of the Employee Value Pyramid. Using this thought, I designed a simple Job Motivation Score Calculator to check your workplace environment.

Please read each statement and sum the score mentioned in the brackets.

I have a safe work environment (+1), I don't have a safe work environment (-10); I have tools, training, and resources to do my job well (+2), I don't have tools, training, and resources to do my job well(-9); I can get my job done efficiently without excess bureaucracy (+3), I cannot get my job done efficiently without excess bureaucracy (-8), I am valued and rewarded fairly (+4), I am not rewarded and valued fairly (-7); I have the autonomy to do my job (+5), I don't have the autonomy to do my job (-6);

I am a connected member of an extraordinary team (+6), I am not a member of an extraordinary team  (-5); I am learning and growing every day (+7), I am not learning and growing every day (-4); My work makes a difference an impact to the organization (+8), My work does not make a difference to the organization (-3); I am inspired by the job where I find meaning and purpose in my career (+9), I am not inspired by the job where I find meaning and purpose in my job(-2); I am inspired by the leaders in my organization (+10), I am not inspired by the leaders in my organization (-1);

If your total score is 28-55, You are at Inspiring Workplace! You Sustain!

If your total score is 0 to 27, You are at Growth Workplace! You strive and plan to reach to Inspiring level within the same department or move to a different department or different organization.

If your total score is minus 27 to 0, it is an Unfavourable Workplace. You wait for the improved condition or quit!

If your total score is minus 28 to minus 55, it is a Hostile Workplace. You Quit immediately.

I strongly believe that “Continued Improvement is better than Delayed Perfection”. By God’s mercy, out of 3 organizations I served/serving, the last two of them have scored high on the positive side!! I should thank those organizations' management.

Anything that costs your peace is too Expensive!” Make this your 2023 Resolution!!

Ravi Saripalle

No comments:

Post a Comment