Friday 5 February 2021

Can a Dream Impact Our Mood? Can a Dream Influence our Day Activity? Connection Between Dream Content and Social Behaviour!!! Dreams are Our Reflections! Read this Perspective!!

Dear Friends and Students

Today I came across an interesting article in the one of Spanish News Papers: ABC.es. You woke up after a Nightmare. Do you experience some uncomfortableness throughout the day? I am sure today onwards we all start correlating! I will check.

It says, If the dream is closer to almost real experience and if it is a sad one, it can affect at least the first few hours of the next day!! 

Though there is no scientific evidence for dreams have a meaning, and they reflect what we care about (as explained by María José Moreno), but “The content of the dream is more likely to be what we have been thinking about during the day, especially in the moments before we go to bed”. Very interesting. This statement made me go further deep into this thought.

As per www.silentnight.co.uk article, half of Brits admit, they are influenced by their dreams. 47% of people let their dreams impact how they feel when they wake up. It says we get powerful insights from our dreams. Sleep expert Dr.Nerina says, it is good practice to write a diary on your dreams. Over a period, it gives us some perspective. Dr. says a poor lifestyle (alcohol, caffeine, stimulants, refined sugars, screen time during bed, etc.) can lead to bad dreams.

“Silentnight’s study also found that 37% of people rely on dreams to help them make decisions in real life”. It presented a list of commonly encountered dreams as per the survey in the UK (Being chased, Falling, Flying, Being Unprepared for Exams, being unable to find a toilet).

If I reflect on myself, being unprepared for Exams and being chased are my common dreams. I missed a few educational dreams & goals in my life. It created a huge impact on my psychology. One missing dream made me run after 9-12 education goals over a period of 25 years. I succeeded in a few. Still, I get a dream. esp. being unprepared for exams and failing!! It means, my sub-conscious brain is not satisfied with what I am accomplished today!! The very recent dream I got was silly but I get it too frequently: “I did not open Physics and Chemistry Degree Test Books. I have to go to exam next day”. The second one is chased by the thief. It means, there must be some good connection between what I am and I am dreaming. I need to deep dive into this understanding!!!

As per www.psychologytoday.com article, “dreams are a huge source of influence on daytime waking behaviors but we do not know precisely how that influence works”. Whether there is scientific proof or not, dreams are a partial reflection of our life goals. If someone gets amazing dreams, enjoy the moment, share those dreams with your relatives and friends. As per few articles, when we share those positive dreams with our close person, the mood gets permeated throughout the day. Don’t worry whether someone laughs or makes fun but try sharing those dreams as I am sharing mine openly with all of you.

Personally, I feel,
  1. You are Super rich if you get sound sleep without any disturbance.
  2. You are rich if you are getting positive dreams.
  3. You are poor if you are getting terrifying dreams even you are materially rich in the real-world! It signifies that we are insecure. It is haunting us.
Compare the following scenarios
  1. XYZ lives in a stylish apartment in a multi-facility complex, wakes up throughout the night, watching glittering buzz on the streets and thriving city, sitting on the balcony
  2. ABC lives in a hut, happily watches glittering stars in the sky sleeping on the wooden nylon knitted cot on the street, no worries what happens tomorrow, and finally gets sound sleep throughout the night.

Who is Rich?

Dreams are Our Reflections!

Your Well-wisher
Ravi Saripalle

Join Inspire to Innovate Storytelling Movement (i2itm.blogspot.com)

https://www.silentnight.co.uk/sleep-matters/sleep_views/do-our-dreams-impact-our-mood-during-the-day/

Source Inspiration: https://www.abc.es/bienestar/psicologia-sexo/psicologia/abci-puede-sueno-cambiarnos-estado-animo-202102050053_noticia.html

No comments:

Post a Comment